Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My son wants to start knitting

So, as many of you all may already know, I have an ADORABLE little boy. He's 7 1/2 years old, loves soccer, video games (he says "Mommy, I'm a total gamer," with a straight face), swimming... and now knitting. 


I actually tried to divert his interest for a while, tried to redirect him to more "masculine things" (we live in an all woman household - even the dogs are female - so I try to encourage as many "boyish things" as I can... to try and balance things out). 2 years later.. he still wants to learn how to knit.. soo.. I showed him, and he's in the living room right now, making a blanket, Lord love him.


I figure he'll take to it and become an amazing designer, and be totally fulfilled in pursuing his dreams... or he'll have picked up a new skill, try it out for a while, and eventually get bored, like kids usually do after they finally get that new toy they'd begged for and harassed you over.. lol We'll just have to wait and see. Whichever way it goes, I'll hopefully have a new blanket... or at least maybe a pot holder ;~D


I'll try and get a pic for you all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment